RIA Stands for You
Five Key Benefits of Independent RIAs
1. Tailored advice based on your goals. Many Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) believe that their independence is key to offering advice that’s best for you. Whether you need help with retirement planning, a tax situation, estate planning, or managing assets at multiple places, it’s fundamentally important that your advisor truly understands you, your goals, and your situation.
2. Understand exactly what you are paying for. Typically, fees are based on a percentage of assets managed. This fee structure is simple, transparent, and easy to understand, and it gives your advisor an incentive to grow your assets.
3. Advice for your complex needs. Many independent RIAs provide services that address a variety of complex investment needs that often arise when you accumulate significant wealth, such as assisting you with the sale of a business, complicated tax situations, trusts, and intergenerational issues. Some advisors are specialists in certain investment strategies. Others can assist you with comprehensive services, such as estate planning or borrowing.
4. A different kind of relationship. RIAs typically form close relationships with clients and have a strong sense of accountability. The goal of an RIA is to help find solutions that are closely aligned with their clients' needs and objectives, and many independent RIAs enjoy a deep, personal relationship with their clients. This often takes regular, ongoing interactions. Because many independent RIAs are entrepreneurial business owners, the buck stops with them, so to speak, and they frequently have a strong sense of personal accountability to their clients.
5. You know where your money is held. RIAs often use institutional custodians—such as brokerage firms—to safeguard clients' assets. These custodians also provide important infrastructure services, such as executing trades and preparing monthly brokerage statements for clients. This helps an RIA focus on understanding your needs and providing the best advice possible.
Financial Partners Group, LLC ("Financial Partners Group") is an SEC registered investment advisor with its principal place of business in Tennessee. For additional information about Financial Partners Group, please contact the firm or refer to its disclosure documents, the current version of which are available on the Investment Adviser Public Disclosure website www.adviserinfo.sec.gov.